martedì 14 novembre 2017

Espressioni inglesi!


Futuro/Prendere decisioni

Frasi comuni dei madrelingua!


1) WITH ANY LUCK = " With any luck we'll arrive on time"
                                            (Spero/Se sono fortunato)



2) IF ALL GOES TO PLAN = "If all goes to plan, I'll pass my IELTS exam 
                                                   and move to England, next Year." 
                                                   (Se tutto va come pianificato)


3) WEIGH UP = (phrasal verb) : "I'm weighing up whether to study 
                                                       in London or Manchester"
                                                      ( Sono indeciso/devo decidere. Molto comune 
                                                        nel Business English o nell'esame IELTS)

4) I CAN'T MAKE YOUR MIND UP = "I can't make my mind up, 
                                                                   what should I do?" (non so decidere)
                                                                   "Common, make your mind up" (sbrigati)

5) LET ALONE NEXT WEEKEND =  "To be honest, I don't even know
                                                                  what I'm doing tomorrow!
                                                                  Let alone next weekend!"
                                                                  (Non so cosa farò, ci penserò)

6) I'M TORN BETWEEN = " I'm torn between stay in this city or go abroad". 
                                                   (sono diviso tra...)                         


7) I WANT TO FOLLOW IN
    (someone) FOOTSTEPS   =   "I want to follow in my mather/dad footsteps"
                                                      (Seguire le orme/ fare quello che lei/lui ha fatto).
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento